Today is 9th of February, which means only one thing: Tom Hiddleston’s 33rd birthday. To those who have no idea who he is (REALLY?!?) he is a British actor who rose to fame in the past 5 years similar to Benedict Cumberbatch, Idris Elba or Michael Fassbender who have become more and more popular critically and commercially. To prove my point here are 9 reasons why Tom Hiddleston is amazing.
- Talented and versatile actor: There are few actors in this world who can pull off success within theatre and film. He is one of these actors. As well as that, his roles in both mediums are also versatile and well played. From a villainous Norse God, to a kindly but ill-fated soldier, to F Scott Fitzgerald, to a Shakespearean king, to a musician vampire he’s adapted to each role well.
2. He’s drop-dead gorgeous: Obviously talent is important for actors but looking good is a secondary priority. This hasn’t stopped people from drooling over his good looks and his well-shaped physique (including me). If you asked an admirer what their favourite part of his face or body was you’d be there forever because they’d list out everything in great detail (including me). Not only that, Mr Hiddleston knows how to look good with and without clothes. From suits to shirtless the fans go crazy.
3. His army of Hiddlestoners: With Tom’s talent and good looks, he was bound to have a legion of fans. These Hiddlestoners would sell their kidneys to make him happy, if not send letters, see him in person, or get a tweet from him. From the fan-art, group forums, twitter accounts, tumblr blogs and charity initiatives dedicated to him, being a Hiddlestoner is more a way of life than a mere obsession! It’s a real sense of community where people have developed friendships from it. I know I have. Tom himself knows about the Hiddlestoners and is amazed by these people.
4. His kindness: Although he is famous for playing a deranged and terrifying villain in The Avengers, his true personality couldn’t be any more of a contrast. If one could find a person who was the polar opposite of Justin Bieber, it would be Tom Hiddleston. He is good to his fans, his co-stars, journalists, and just about anyone who ever meets him. He makes sure that he is respectful and polite to every person including his habit for needlessly apologising for very petty matters (e.g. when he ate chocolate before an interview). Not only that, he is an ambassador for Unicef, where he often promotes the charity on his twitter page, takes part in charity challenges and even visited Guinea in January 2013. His fans are inspired by this and raise charity to Unicef in his name, including Hiddlestoners Have Heart.
5. His Dancing: Look up “Tom Hiddleston on Alan Carr Chatty Man” on Youtube and you will understand how amazing it is.
6. His intelligence: In Tom’s younger years, he was educated in Eton and Cambridge. He studied Classics. He also has an extensive knowledge on William Shakespeare’s works, history, other forms of literature, films, music amongst other subjects which would make one feel like a philistine in comparison.
7. His Twitter Account: It’s such a delight to see his tweets because it’s different from the tedious nature of “funny tweets” which are stupidly offensive and just plain unnecessary accounts of what people do. He does this by having interesting promotions of his work, promotion of UNICEF, showing his funny side, his songs of the day (and he has VERY GOOD TASTE IN MUSIC) and interacting with fans. By the way his twitter is @twhiddleston.
8. He’s funny: He has a great sense of humour. If you look up “Loki’d MTV After Hours” you will understand. Not only that, he has a great sense of comic timing if you have seen Thor: The Dark World, Loki was undeniably the funniest character. In my opinion, he should be in more comedies.
9. Because Tom Hiddleston: Nuff said.