The original post was written in August 2013, when my Leaving Cert results came out. It is the same post but is updated based on hindsight and experience. Enjoy!
The moment you’ve all been waiting (and dreading) for has arrived. Today’s the results for the Leaving Cert. Here’s some advice:
- Go to the bathroom before getting the results.
- Bring a calculator (or something with a calculator app) and points guide. Be sure to calculate your points more than once just to be sure.
- If you do not get enough points, you have every right to cry and eat lots of chocolate.
- If you do get enough points, celebrate and celebrate well.
- Don’t forget to make sure you make plans with your friends so you won’t have the celebratory/commiseration drink without them.
- Don’t stress about the CAO offers after the points. Relax and enjoy yourself until then.
I went through the same thing as you this time in 2013 so I know how you feel. I wish you all the best and I sincerely hope you succeed in whatever you dream for.
Bohemian Nerd Girl after getting 435 points in the Leaving Cert results. A happy girl!