This week Bohemian Nerd Girl discusses Star Wars, anime, and the life ruiner Tom Hiddleston while Johnning on a couch.
Tag: Tom Hiddleston
BohemianNerdGirl gives her opinion on The Amazing Spiderman 2, discusses the news on leaked photos of Tom Hiddleston’s new film and Robert Downey Jr being a legend on Twitter.
Sorry I look bad.
Today is 9th of February, which means only one thing: Tom Hiddleston’s 33rd birthday. To those who have no idea who he is (REALLY?!?) he is a British actor who rose to fame in the past 5 years similar to Benedict Cumberbatch, Idris Elba or Michael Fassbender who have become more and more popular critically and commercially. To prove my point here are 9 reasons why Tom Hiddleston is amazing.
- Talented and versatile actor: There are few actors in this world who can pull off success within theatre and film. He is one of these actors. As well as that, his roles in both mediums are also versatile and well played. From a villainous Norse God, to a kindly but ill-fated soldier, to F Scott Fitzgerald, to a Shakespearean king, to a musician vampire he’s adapted to each role well.
2. He’s drop-dead gorgeous: Obviously talent is important for actors but looking good is a secondary priority. This hasn’t stopped people from drooling over his good looks and his well-shaped physique (including me). If you asked an admirer what their favourite part of his face or body was you’d be there forever because they’d list out everything in great detail (including me). Not only that, Mr Hiddleston knows how to look good with and without clothes. From suits to shirtless the fans go crazy.
3. His army of Hiddlestoners: With Tom’s talent and good looks, he was bound to have a legion of fans. These Hiddlestoners would sell their kidneys to make him happy, if not send letters, see him in person, or get a tweet from him. From the fan-art, group forums, twitter accounts, tumblr blogs and charity initiatives dedicated to him, being a Hiddlestoner is more a way of life than a mere obsession! It’s a real sense of community where people have developed friendships from it. I know I have. Tom himself knows about the Hiddlestoners and is amazed by these people.
4. His kindness: Although he is famous for playing a deranged and terrifying villain in The Avengers, his true personality couldn’t be any more of a contrast. If one could find a person who was the polar opposite of Justin Bieber, it would be Tom Hiddleston. He is good to his fans, his co-stars, journalists, and just about anyone who ever meets him. He makes sure that he is respectful and polite to every person including his habit for needlessly apologising for very petty matters (e.g. when he ate chocolate before an interview). Not only that, he is an ambassador for Unicef, where he often promotes the charity on his twitter page, takes part in charity challenges and even visited Guinea in January 2013. His fans are inspired by this and raise charity to Unicef in his name, including Hiddlestoners Have Heart.
5. His Dancing: Look up “Tom Hiddleston on Alan Carr Chatty Man” on Youtube and you will understand how amazing it is.
6. His intelligence: In Tom’s younger years, he was educated in Eton and Cambridge. He studied Classics. He also has an extensive knowledge on William Shakespeare’s works, history, other forms of literature, films, music amongst other subjects which would make one feel like a philistine in comparison.
7. His Twitter Account: It’s such a delight to see his tweets because it’s different from the tedious nature of “funny tweets” which are stupidly offensive and just plain unnecessary accounts of what people do. He does this by having interesting promotions of his work, promotion of UNICEF, showing his funny side, his songs of the day (and he has VERY GOOD TASTE IN MUSIC) and interacting with fans. By the way his twitter is @twhiddleston.
8. He’s funny: He has a great sense of humour. If you look up “Loki’d MTV After Hours” you will understand. Not only that, he has a great sense of comic timing if you have seen Thor: The Dark World, Loki was undeniably the funniest character. In my opinion, he should be in more comedies.
9. Because Tom Hiddleston: Nuff said.
I love you like Tom Hiddleston loves Shakespeare, or like fangirls with Tumblr.
I love you like we love Benedict Cumberbatch, or like you with your cat.
I love you like my warm bed, or a John Green book thoroughly read.
I love you like four slices of pizza, or like a full jar of Nutella.
I love you like a pint of cider. My love for you grows wider.
I love you like a cup of tea. I totally ship you with me.
I love you like Bob Dylan, or like a dark-haired sic-fi villain.
I love you like free wifi, or the memory of when I first saw you before my very eyes.
I love you like the Irish love GAA. My love for you will never fade away.
I love you like the British love Doctor Who. I know for certain that you love me too.
Today is Thanksgiving in America and from my knowledge of it from TV and movies, there’s a big dinner and you’re grateful for stuff. So here’s 10 things I’m thankful for:
- Getting into college: This is a big thing that happened in my life this year. I’m very fortunate to get into UCC and I love my life here.
- My family: Since I don’t see them as much anymore due to college and people living in other places. So when I do see them, I try to make the most of it and enjoy their company.
- My friends: To my old and new friends, I love them equally. Like my family, I also try to make the most of them when I see them.
- My boyfriend: He is a fantastic, smart, funny and caring person. He is so awesome it is glorious!
- College Dinners: If it wasn’t for them, I would starve. Thank you!
- My love of writing: If it weren’t for that, I’d have no poetry, no blog or no articles. And thank you to all my faithful readers!
- Blackboard: This device for notes in UCC is my saviour for missed notes!
- The Internet: Because internet.
- My bed:It’s so soft and warm!
- Male British Actors: Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston are so pretty, lovely and awesome people who are amazing actors. I love them so much!
That’s it. What are you grateful for? You can comment under my blog. I want to wish all my American friends and readers a Happy Thanksgiving!
We stand like greyhounds in the slips straining upon the start. The game’s afoot.
We train for the gloriously big fight of our lives. The one that changes everything.
The commanding officers warn us of the landmines and traps and they show us the basic map of the battlefield. We arm ourselves with weaponry which help us defend and attack.
However, only us soldiers can slay the seven devils. We can only rely on ourselves to survive.